- Google is retiring Google Drive
- Access to updated versions is a must for security and stability purposes
- Space concerns for hard drives
- Google Drive syncs for all users of the machine it is installed on
- Computer/Hard Drive failures or scheduled reimaging projects
- The need to resync all data creates overhead that can impact performance during use
- Any data that wasn’t saved automatically due to network latency would be lost permanently
- Performace impacts
- As hard drives start to reach capacity, the user experience will suffer
- If a user walks away without logging out, someone could access this mounted drive to view files
There are alternatives!
Using the web client is the safest approach at this time. While a user may have to log in to access files, it provides the best overall performance and user experience.